Monday, January 23, 2012

That'll teach me...

So, just to set the record straight, I would like to publicly apologize to my husband for comparing him to a Pygmy goat in one of my posts.  He does not look like a Pygmy goat at all.  He is much taller and has a lot less hair and no horns.  I also need to apologize for calling his Boxers idiots.  His Boxers are not idiots   They are not that smart.

Never thought he'd actually read this blog!  :)

Having said that I can now get on with my post.

First and formost, we, at BJS, have acquired 4 new goats from a breeder in London, Ont.  They are registered Miniature Silky Fainting Goats and I am really excited about it!!
 This is Riding Mountain Treasures Shadow, registered Foundation doe.  In 2009 I actually brought this doe in from Manitoba and sold her to the breeder that I have bought her back from.  Make sense?  No?  Well, when I sold her I was not thinking about breeding Mini Silky goats but this year I thought about it and it just so happened the breeder had her and 3 other mini silkies for sale.  Shadow is now 2 years old.
 This is San Sujos Poncho, registered buck.  What a sweetheart!  He is very friendly and doesn't smell too bad.  Beautiful coat on him except for the part where another buck was chewing on him.  He comes all the way from BC and he is 2 years old.

 This is Crooked Post Goats Gumdrop, registration pending.  She is a tiny little doeling, born in May of 2011.  Poncho is her sire and her mom is next, Twilight Acres Sweetpea.
 As promised, Twilight acres Sweetpea, registered Foundation doe.  Sweetpea is 4 years old and extremely friendly.

So that is our new babies.  My registered Foundation doe, Esme was already bred to my Nigerian buck, Captain, when I brought these babies home so we'll just have to wait and see if her babies can be registered too!

The rest of the bred does are starting to look the part.  All of them are getting quite round.  Time to get those pens ready, Dear....

No comments:

Post a Comment