Monday, May 28, 2012

Man!  I am so busy!!  Well, hopefully, my loyal followers, if I have any left, have not stopped visiting this blog. Yes, I know I get stupidly behind, way behind, BUT!!  The good news is kidding season is almost over.  The only doe I have left to kid is Sweetpea.  She is due June 24th.  Maybe she will go a little sooner, she is quite tubby.

Hot weather and dry, dry conditions continue.  Not rain for weeks.  I've been watering the pastures daily just to keep up with the consumption.  Still giving the bucks hay.  Every time the weather report calls for rain it passes us by.  Last year, in May, it rained for 5 weeks straight.

And if that is not enough, today is very hot, very humid and the water pump quit.  Fortunately, we have a great plumber and, knowing there is livestock here, he dropped everything and came right over.  So we're back in business.   Good thing, with this dry, hot weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment